CONDITIONS OF SALE
The property in this sale will be offered under the following terms and conditions:
1. The auctioneer will endeavor to describe correctly the property to be sold but all property is
sold “AS IS”. Neither the auctioneer nor their consignor warrants or represents, and shall
in no event be responsible for the correctness of description, authenticity, authorship,
provenance, size, signature, medium, age, or condition of said property. Statements contained in print or made orally at
this sale or elsewhere shall not be deemed to be such a warranty or representation.
2. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser of the property.
In the event of any dispute between bidders, the auctioneer shall have absolute discretion
in determining who the successful bidder was or he may reoffer and resell the article in
3. The auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid or raise not commensurate with the
value of the article being offered at his own discretion. In the case of a reserve (minimum
acceptable amount by consignor), the auctioneer or clerk may bid competitively until such
reserve is passed.
4. Absentee bids may be accepted at their discretion of the auctioneer. A clerk or the
auctioneer will execute such bids competitively. Competing bidders may request the name
of the absentee bidder after the sale of the given item.
5. Terms of the sale are cash or personal check approved by the auctioneer with a PREMIUM
OF 17 1/2 PERCENT IF PAID BY MasterCard OR VISA, DISCOUNTED TO 15%
WHEN PAID WITH CASH OR A GOOD CHECK, APPLIED TO ALL PROPERTY SOLD,
TO BE PAID BY THE BUYER AS PART OF THE PURCHASE PRICE. Immediate payment
may be required at the fall of the hammer if the auctioneer so desires. Full payment must
be received the day of the sale for each purchaser’s account. The auctioneer reserves the
right to hold merchandise purchased by personal check until the check has cleared the
bank. Buyer is liable for interest and legal fees incurred in the collection of a bad account.
6. All purchases are subject to State of Maine sales tax (5.5%), unless the purchaser presents
a sales tax exemption number and a business card.
7. Bidding on any article indicates your acceptance of these terms as well as any terms
announced at time of sale. This auction is conducted under state laws and the Uniform
8. Inquiries of procedures should be addressed to Board of Licensing, of Auctioneers, 7 State
House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0007, Tel 207-287-1650, - email@example.com
James J. Keating Lic # AUC056 Richard J. Keating Lic # AUC424